Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Still Dancing


Well, wasn't I a proud mom a few months back when I posted about how cute Mae was in her dance attire, all pink and leg-warmered up.  Well, boy am I proud now.  Mae had her first dance performance.  Now these are all firsts for me,  you seasoned mothers probably have been through some pretty funny ones.  I expected some wrong turns, a hat malfunction, even crying if necessary, but what Mae gave me was so much funnier.  She stood there with girls on either side just staring.  Not just looking, but she had an expression on her face like, "What in the world are you fools doing?".  Dave got mad at me because he thought she was crying but I could tell she wasn't she just was not going to dance.  My Father in law said I should get a refund on the lessons but I thought it was worth every penny that was the funniest thing I had seen in a while.  I was crying, I was laughing so hard.  And the funny thing is...She was the star of the show without lifting a toe!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny! I could take her out and show her a thing or two about dancing! "Now, Mae, this is what your uncle Allen likes to call the rainbird!" LOL
So, I really like you're music player...I love Shiny Toy Guns and nobody even knows about them. It's so sad :-(
Anyway, good luck to Mae with her dancing! Love you!

Crystal said...

Mae is awesome. I love the look on her face. "You guys are crazy" ha ha.

Jessa said...

She is seriously hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

That gilr gets cuter everyday! I miss them both ... hug them for us! Smooches ...