Friday, December 5, 2008
I guess it is time to update. Well, we have been very busy with Thanksgiving. The one thing I am grateful for is the health of my little family. This past four weeks my friend Mindi and I have worked with many volunteers to do a Marrow drive. What that means is getting people who are willing to literally give of themselves to help save a life. It sounds like a cliche, but it has been amazing. There is a nine year old girl in our ward with leukemia and we, along with others, have been trying to help her family. If people knew how easy it was, my hope would be others would join. In case you want to know more...marrow.org. This has reminded me of how important we all are to each other, we survive sometimes through the kindness of those around us. We all have challenges and we need to not judge. Amen sister!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Dave has been telling me about this project you have been working on. I think it is a GREAT thing you are doing! You GO GIRL!
I just went to the marrow.org and watched the little video and the part about them injecting a needle in my pelvis scared me a little...i'm not gonna lie! I wanna do it though because it seems like a great thing! I'm gonna think about it before I register LOL
Wow! What an amazing cause. I think it's great that your stepping in there and helping this little girl and others in need.
Post a Comment