Not to be a downer, but our grandfather passed away just before Easter. Joel, Shannon and I went to Virginia to his funeral March 24-26. It was sad to say goodbye to someone you wished you had more time with. Life is fragile and time keeps passing and there really is not a lot of time for regrets. It was quite amazing to go to the place he is buried and see such vivid beauty and peace contrasted with such sharp sadness.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Not to be a downer, but our grandfather passed away just before Easter. Joel, Shannon and I went to Virginia to his funeral March 24-26. It was sad to say goodbye to someone you wished you had more time with. Life is fragile and time keeps passing and there really is not a lot of time for regrets. It was quite amazing to go to the place he is buried and see such vivid beauty and peace contrasted with such sharp sadness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Corrie,
It is great to see you posting. I just realized it has been months since I have been on.
DJ opened the program you sent him. I have it in his book and I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
I am so glad you, Joel and Shannon were able to be there for your Mom.
Love,
Dad & Connie
Corrie & Dave,
It is weird to find people's blogs on other people's blogs, but I saw your's on Mike and Amanda's and I had to check it out. It is Jamie and Phil and we think about you often. Fun to see your two sweet girls. Hope things are well.
Jamie
Post a Comment